Finding a church can be difficult and intimidating. Especially if you’re new to Blount County, or you carry hurt from a bad experience. But it is vitally important because God did not intend for us to go it alone. That is why we want to make your visit as smooth as possible, and let you know what to expect when you visit Maryville Vineyard Church.
So here’s everything from what to wear to how long service will last. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us.
What to Expect
Attire & Arrival
Dress at the Vineyard is very casual… unless you just feel like dressing up. In that case, go all out! You’ll probably see flip flops and dress shoes. The truth is, we care more about you than your clothes.
When you arrive, go to the desk just inside the door. You’ll meet someone who can help show you around & answer questions. If you have children with you, they’ll help you register for Vineyard Kids classes and show you the classrooms. Kids registration only takes a moment, but we take security very seriously. We have some Info for Parents if you want more info about the process.
Come a few minutes early and stop by the Cafe’. It is open between the services so you can enjoy you a great cup of coffee and meet some new friends.
We’ve proudly served Vienna Coffee since 2008. Roasted right here in Maryville, it just might be the best coffee anywhere.
The Worship Service
Each week, all of our worship services share a theme and feel, so just choose the service time that works best for you. Services last about 70 minutes, and will usually include:
- Opening Songs – About 15 minutes of worship through music.
- Announcements – A short video will keep you informed of activities and ministry opportunities.
- Offering – The Bible says that we shouldn’t give reluctantly or under compulsion, so we don’t pass a plate to collect offerings. Instead, you’re welcome to give as part of your worship any time during service. Just drop your donation in an offering box in the back of the sanctuary.
- Sermon – One of our pastors will teach from the Bible. No shouting, stomping or spitting, just an honest look at scripture covering meaningful and relevant topics delivered in a conversational style.
- Vertical Time – We believe that God speaks to people, so in response to the sermon, we spend a few moments of quiet meditation and listening.
- Response Songs – About 10 more minutes of worship through music. While we sing, you’ll be invited to respond by taking communion or seeking prayer.
- Communion – Open to all who follow Jesus, we receive communion every week in remembrance that Christ has died, is risen, and will come again. After you prepare your heart, make your way to a communion station and dip a piece of bread in the juice.
- Ministry Time – No hype, no pressure, and no showmanship. Just a chance to receive individual prayer ministry. You can slip to the back of the sanctuary to pray with a staff member or trained member of the prayer team.
What about my Kids?
We have ministry environments designed for every age, and do our best to create a fun and safe experience for your kids. When you arrive, please go to the Information Desk to check your children into their classes. Registration only takes a moment, but we take security very seriously. We have some Info for Parents so you can find out more about the process.
You can find out more about Vineyard Kids classes & locations here.