Finding a church can be difficult and intimidating. Especially if you’re new to the area, or you carry hurt from a bad experience. But it is vitally important because God did not intend for us to go it alone. That is why we want to make your visit as smooth as possible, and let you know what to expect when you visit Maryville Vineyard Church.
So here’s the basics. Everything from what to wear to what’s offered for your kids and how long the services last. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us.
Attire & Arrival
Dress at the Vineyard is very casual… unless you just feel like dressing up. In that case, go all out! You’ll probably see flip flops and dress shoes. The truth is, we care more about you than your clothes.
When you arrive, go to the information desk just inside the door. You’ll meet someone to help show you around and register kids for class. Kids registration only takes a moment, but we take security very seriously. We have a special Info for Parents tab so you can find out more about the process.
Come a few minutes early and stop by the Cafe’. It is open for coffee, specialty drinks and snacks between the services so you can enjoy your favorite frappuccino and meet some new friends.
The Worship Service
Each week, all of our worship services share a theme and feel, so just choose the service time that works best for you. Services last about 70 minutes, and will usually include:
- Vertical Time – We begin every service with a few minutes to quiet our hearts and focus on our King.
- Worship – About twenty minutes of corporate worship through contemporary music.
- Communion – Open to all who follow Christ, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice together every week. After you prepare your heart, make your way to a communion station and dip a piece of bread in the juice.
- Announcements – A short video will keep you informed of activities and ministry opportunities.
- Sermon – One of the pastors will teach from the Bible. No shouting, stomping or spitting, just an honest look at scripture covering meaningful and relevant topics delivered in a conversational style.
- Ministry Time – No hype, no pressure, and no showmanship. Just a chance to receive individual prayer, or to continue in prayer on your own at the conclusion of every service.
What about my Kids?
We have ministry environments designed for every age, and do our best to create a fun and safe experience for your kids. When you arrive, please go to the Information Desk to check your children into their classes. Registration only takes a moment, but we take security very seriously. We have a special Info for Parents tab so you can find out more about the process.
You can find out more about Vineyard Kids classes & locations here.